Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tired Hands

After a busy week of crocheting we have tired hands and are even beginning to develop calloused fingers. But we all came ready to crochet and chat and laugh and share stories of our week. I absolutely love meeting on Tuesdays. Women meeting together really is wonderful. I have not had time in my schedule to do anything like this and actually I still don't; but I am so refreshed after every Tuesday. It forces me to slow down, relax, and breath. It's like a mini weekend in the middle of my busy week. And actually, if I thought about it, I think it probably allows me more time in my busy week because I am refreshed. When it's over I have a smile on my face and a happy heart for my home. I encourage everyone to set aside time weekly to meet with a few women friends. If there isn't something already going on around you, start it yourself. All people usually need is an invitation and a place to gather.

So today we all brought our creations to the table. Alicia has finished many beautiful things and Michelle too; but the rest of us are somewhat slower. I know that this week I made and undid my scarf at least 20 times. Finally I figured out how to make a straight chain and came today with a scarf 1/3 done. My children are working on chains that stretch around our kitchen and they were proud to show off their work.

I don't have much to post, I forgot to take photos of everyones beautiful work, but I am encouraged by our time we spent together. Next week we are going to bring our favorite crock pot recipes for the Holliday season coming up. We decided we will bring our recipe on a card along with blank cards or paper to write other recipes on, and if you want to, bring your favorite crock pot recipe to share with the group. Come hungry! Oh, and if you have a recipe to share but cannot make it on Tuesday, feel free to share it here on the blog!

Blessings friends! May your week be filled with joy! Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment